Thursday, December 11, 2008

Tag!

So I've been tagged to write 7 random things about myself, and por fin, (at last, in Spanish) I will step up and do it. I guess it's a sign I need to write more. :) Thanks Kim.

Here's how to play:
1. Link your tagger (Kim) and list these rules on your blog.
2. Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some weird.
3. Tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs.
4. Let them know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.

1. I have broken my nose 6 (o mas, or more) times starting when I was 3 years old, and had 3 nose surgeries within 3 years. Two of these were within a month of each other, and only a month before I left to the MTC, and one for Christmas 2 years later, which allowed me to sing the song "All I want for Christmas is my 2 front teeth" but instead of 2 front teeth, it was 2 black eyes and a really fat face. (Maybe that story is the 7 random things all together?)

2. Ever since serving for 18 months in the Dominican Republic where we were forbidden to where nylons or socks much, my toes are incredibly claustrophobic when it comes to wearing close-toed shoes, or generally any shoes at all.

3. I feel like I am competent when it comes to changing a car tire, however, I've only had to use that knowledge 2 times, and both times I was prevented from doing it myself. The first time was within half a mile from my house, and the neighbor helped until dad got there, and wouldn't let me do it. The second time was 3 days after the last/Christmas-time nose surgery. I'd made it 25 minutes from home, when the tire blew out. My face and nose were swollen and black and blue. I pulled out the spare, the jack and the wrench. I was in a skirt, which limited things a bit, and it started to snow full-on Utah blizzard style. I think I still would have done fine, if I could have turned my head upside down to see where to put the jack. A semi-truck driver stopped and offered to help. He took one look at me and proceeded to do it himself, despite my pleas for him to just place the jack and I could take care of it. I was a little fearful for my life as there are always scary stories of truckdrivers. As he was gallantly changing the tire, the highway patrol showed up to see what was going on, and also did a double take at my beat-up face. I could tell he was trying to weigh out how likely it was that the truck driver had made my face look like that. He kept watch from his car until the tire was changed, and I was again on my way, but back home instead of to complete my errands.

4. I enjoy cooking, but am clumsy or distracted at it because I often end up with burns after baking.

5. I just got called to be Assistant Cub Scout Den Leader, which is as foreign as Russian to me.

6. Mark and I hope to adopt a baby from the Dominican Republic someday.

7. I don't like nuts in my ice cream, but I don't mind them in anything else. It ruins the smoothness.

I am tagging Cody, Beth B., Bethany, Heather C.

5 comments:

Kim C. said...

I also hate to wear shoes but I really love to own them!!

Deanna said...

I love your Christmas pictures with Mara, and I'm impressed with how many you have...I can imagine your Christmas day.

Anonymous said...

You were right the pictures are fantastic, and what a cute way to put them together. And you have such a natural star!! After spending time together yesterday, I can see Mara, so real in each of the pictures. Thanks for coming down. It was a delightful afternoon for us. Mara's such a treat!!!!And we don't mind you two either.
Have a wonderful Christmas, be safe getting home.

Anonymous said...

HI!!! That was fun to read! Also, I LOVED the email you sent of Mara and her videos! I can't believe how fast they are growing. We get to spend a white Christmas home with the entire Rasmussen clan! It will be wonderful!

Mara is such a beautiful little baby. . . you all look wonderful and blessed. Have a great holiday season!

The Wanbergs said...

Hi Stace, I found you through the Class of 98 alumni site. Hope you don't mind. Mara is so sweet! What an adorable baby. It's so nice to be able to catch up on where you are and what you're up to these days.