Monday, August 17, 2009

Boston Baked Beagle




Somehow in the last few days the idea came to us that it was time to get a new puppy. We've talked about it for 4 years since we got Mostazzo (Mo). Once we started with the idea we just were fixed upon it until we found an answer, which also came as such a blessing. We searched at several pet stores, not really knowing what we were looking for, but we didn't find the right one. When we got home, we checked the classifieds and found this pup advertised. We emailed right away and were ecstatic when the family picked us to have her. She's a pure bred Boston/Beagle, and she's 18 weeks old. Mark calls her a boston baked beagle... super funny. I have such a clever and funny husband!

When we first brought her home, Mara promptly settled in the dog kennel. I think she thought we got her a new play house instead of a puppy, or just the puppy as a bonus.



So here is our pretty little puppy. She is a sweet little thing, with the cute hound floppy ears. She seems to be utterly fascinated with sniffing things out.



Mara and her were a little unsure of each other yesterday.


She seems to get along with Mo okay. He got snooty all of a sudden though, and thinks he deserves to be in the house if she is going to be. Oh well... :)


I really like her little coat and her colors.

Mara calls both dogs "Mo" now, and asks with upturned questioning hands "where's mo?"



2 comments:

Kim C. said...

congrats! our neighbors have 2 beagles and they are the cutest things! I have considered adding a 2nd dog to our household already to try to mellow out the first one. We'll see. We'll see.

Kim C. said...

did I miss the new pup's name in your post somewhere? Will you call her Boston?