Saturday, February 7, 2009

Showtime!

I can't believe Mara is growing and changing so much. She's been babbling for awhile, but one day she woke up and looked around and asked "Dadada?". That day was a first for other words too. "Maamama" for me, and "mah?" for milk. Not to be confused with her dear puppy who gets the most of her word attention- "mao", "wou" and the cutest little panting sounds. She doesn't like "NAINAINI" and gets mad or pouty when she tells me at bedtime she doesn't want to go to bed. Occasionally she'll see "uhh" for up when I beg. "Bah" when near the bathtub and shower, she does like her baths. I did get her to say "pah" for please once too. She is so amazing!! She's also started clicking her tongue too! She loves doing raspberries on any skin surface. The other day I sat down at a meeting with a few other people and Mara promptly leaned over and did a loud juicy raspberry on my arm. She belched out loud in relief society last week, thanks Mark, ;-).
Mara has such a unique personality. My Mara loves to empty baskets, buckets, boxes, and every now again she'll refill them. Her newest trick is unwinding the toilet paper roll, which of course is fabulous because, you know, if you don't unwind it now and again it will get stale, and who wants stale toilet paper?? Be sure to let us know if you can use her unwinding/freshening trick and we'll see about scheduling you in. ;-)

I have an amazing friend that gave me tickets to "The Lion King" Broadway musical that was playing here in Phoenix, and we went to it tonight. It was so phenomenal! I am stunned at how amazing the costumes were and how creative and breathtaking the scenes were. There were some incredible effects! It was nice to get out too. Mark watched Mara and was so sweet about it, and both were well and happy when I got home! It was so incredible, I am convinced there are a few more plays I would like to see this year, and I was completely delighted to see that "Wicked" is playing in July here. I've never actually seen the play, but I love the music. Do you want to come see it too?

2 comments:

Wild Rasmussen said...

Hey Stacy this is Cindy Belew how are you? You have a very cute blog I love your little on what I cutie she is....

Jeff & Marci said...

Ah Stacy...you will love "Wicked"!!I want to come see it with you. :) BTW - I'm moving to Washington...um, I need to call you!