It's been too long since I updated our blog. Yikes!! Mara still surprises us everyday with new words and sentences. Recent words have been "stachios" (pistachios), "apee-cots" (apricots) and "Skip-churs" (scriptures).

We love her littla antics and cuddles. She's learned to tell you where she wants her back scratched... "here" she points with her little hand around her back. She puts her hand on my face or cheek while she trying to fall asleep. She wakes up so cheery too! She woke up this morning and when I asked her what she dreamt about, she said "happy" with a big smile. She's learned to say prayers and promptly folds her arms, and bows her little head when it is time. Yesterday she even did a very tiny whispered prayer and then a big "Amen!" It makes us so happy!

We're also expecting a new baby in June. Hurray, hurray!! Mara often pats my belly and asks "baby?" or sometimes she will put her ear to my tummy to listen. It's been fun. I think she will make an awesome big sister. She follows us around and asks "I help?, I help?". I found her with the broom the other day saying "I helping!" with a proud smile.

We went out to Glendale for a night hot air balloon Glitter and Glow where they inflate them and just burn the torches to let them light up for display and such. This picture was sitting on the edge of one of the balloon baskets. It was a fun night out.

We found a yummy ice cream place and enjoyed some ice cream. Mara kept trading us cones so she got some of all of ours. 1-2-3, Switch!

It was a nice evening with lots of people, street vendor food, balloons and lights.

When we were visiting in Utah, we got some quality time with family. This is Mara, Uncle Chris, and Cameron just chilling. I can't tell which is more ready for a nap. :)

Morning smiles!

Story time with aunt Brady. It was such a huge blessing to have extra arms to help with Mara. I miss having family around all the time, but we are very glad when we get to visit.

Grandpa Al, friend Ryan and Mara set up stables on the table and played for over an hour! They were feeding all the animals, and making sure the corrals were balanced with all the livestock.

Ryan and Grandpa had built all these linking logs in the wood shop! Wahoo! So great to see them enjoying their work and entertaining Mara.

Even though it was mighty cold, we couldn't resist taking a minute to ride on the swing and enjoy the outside cold fresh air of the farm. Mara loves to swing and always gets her "wheeee" going before she even gets on.

Grandma Sher and Mara all bundled to go outside into the cold. We are so lucky to have such neat family!

This is Mara riding a tricycle at Great Grandma's house. Grandpa Al, Great aunt Patti, and Great Aunt Sherrie all cheered her on.

We don't have many pictures of Mara upset, but this one was so cute despite how sad she was. She got a little cold and didn't feel great, and it was probably nap time several hours before and she was pouting that I wasn't ready to go fast enough. Poor thing!

"I help!" she says as Mara helped Brady make yummy cookies.

Showing off her stylin' hair-do. Unfortunately it only usually lasts long enough for a picture and then she tugs it out.

Brady is so awesome to take the time to fix Mara's hair, and Mara remember's that is something aunt Brady helps her with. Yay for cute hair!!

We took a little ride on the snowmobile around the fields at the farm. The snow was coming down enough that hafter a few times around we had to stop because I couldn't see out my glasses anymore for the flurries of snow coming down. It has been such a long time since I've seen that much snow on the farm! It was a great change of scenary from what we see all the time in Arizona.

Grandpa David and Mara cracking Christmas nuts on the floor. Mara didn't know why they were doing it, but she wanted to be part of the fun on the floor.
We were able to go up the canyon to the cabin for overnight and played in the deep deep snow the next day. Mara wasn't sure what to think of all the snow, but once she figured out she didn't have to keep her mittens on if I wasn't watching, she was done. It was a short snow outing that day, but at least I got to snow shoe with my sweet husband and little Mara too.

Getting ready.

Mara must be part monkey, if there is a kind as cute as she. She took to swinging on the banister with just one arm. Her little arm socket must have been sore the next day because she did this for a very long time!

Snow ruffled family.

My grandparents, Mara's great grandparents, (not pictured) celebrated their 60th wedding anniversary, so as a surprise the family all gathered to ride the Heber Creeper railroad and have lunch. We saw a bunch of deer, some wild turkeys (not counting all the Firth bunch on the train), a fox, a bald Eagle and some ducks. It was pleasant to be with family.

Now clear back to the first week of December, we took my parents to Montezuma's well. It was a really fun outing and we caught some great pictures as well as having a very enjoyable day. Mara enjoyed splashing in the irrigation chanels the indians built from way back when. It has since become one of my favorite places!
No comments:
Post a Comment