Wednesday, March 28, 2012
"My finger's not done charging"
Mara had her first and hopefully last ER visit by way of ambulance today. It was so terrible! She fell hard and knocked the wind out of her cried barely and became unconcious. Stopped breathing. Turned blue. Went rigid. I tried to get her to respond. I started rescue breathing/CPR. It was horrible. Someone passing by happened to see and came to help. Mark called 911. We laid her on the floor and I continued to try and revive her. I wasn't very calm. Finally she started to cry again. Soon the paramedics came. They checked her as she started to revive. We rode in an ambulance to the children's hospital where she continued to become more like herself. They cleared her after some tests and several checks. She was very brave. The EMT's in the ambulance gave her a new teddy bear, now named Ella-bear.
When Mark came to get us from the ER, we were still waiting to see the Doctors. Mara told Mark "I can't go yet. My finger is not done charging." It made me laugh. She is so clever. All seems to be okay now. They told me just to keep an eye and carry on like normal.
I wish I knew what 'normal' was. Our luck has not improved much. Just this week the dishwasher broke
Monday, then the clothes washer and the car broke yesterday, and then an ER visit and ambulance ride today. Good thing it is only Wednesday and there is a chance of improvement before the week is over. I guess it's good that the dryer isn't even plugged in so it cant break, and the fridge was destined to die when we moved into this place, so if it does, it won't be a surprise.
Mark's been driving a taxi. The hours are insane, but the schedule is somewhat flexible. He has met so many crazy, crazy people driving taxi. It is such a worry! It does give me the opportunity to say "Fare thee well" and "How fare ye?" He's also going to write a taxi song or two based on his experiences. Stay tuned, it's going to be hilarious!
Mark did get a job offer. He's going to work as an insurance adjuster in Burley, Idaho.I know he'll do great at the job and working with the people. I'm working on being excited about it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)

6 comments:
Stacy, you need a break! Wow!
Moving all the time truly stinks. Especially the getting-excited-about-where-we're-going part. I'm still not excited about our current location, and we've been here 1 year longer than planned, so I really need to get excited before we move again.
The beach part of it is fabulous, though. In fact, if you plant a money tree in your backyard, you should get a plane ticket and come hang out with me on the beach. Sounds like you need a long, relaxing vacation.
I'm really glad your darling daughter is okay. Her comment about her finger charging is simply adorable.
I'll keep you guys in my prayers.
Janna (DeVore)
Glad your daughter is okay. What a scary experience! We've had our scares, but nothing even close to that!
Hope everything starts to work out.
ohhhh, I would come visit Burley, I love Idaho!
wonder what caused the momentary black out of your poor little one?
Stacy, my hubbie is from Burley. Lots of great people there!
Just found out what happened to Mara...Glad to know she is Ok.. pls let us know if there is something we can do for you.Matkin's
Stacy - She is so adorable, even all hooked up and in her hospital bed. Best of luck to you guys in your move.
Post a Comment