Monday, April 30, Mark and I left the girls with my mom and drove to Burley to scout out somewhere to live. I'd marked down 3 places as possibles, and one I was hoping would work for our family. Well, on driveby the others were clearly not going to work. When we drove up to the last one with the Realtor who does the property management for it, I was in love. The house is big and has a few quirky things, like a European bidet in the master bath and pink and purple carpets, but the yard is absolutely amazing!! Miraculously we convinced them to let us rent it, and we were able to arrange everything to get the keys that night.
When we got here that evening, keys in hand, we realized the keys didn't open any of the house doors, only the doors to the garage, which has a wall built in front of the garage door to make it an extension of the house and not a functional garage. So, Mark played Super Spy and opened the front door with a credit card (or membership card to something that won't matter now that we don't live in Arizona). I think he was so proud. Ha ha ha!
We unloaded our rented moving truck after my dad brought it up and met us. Mark then went to Pocatello, ID for training for the week, and I went back to Tremonton to get my girls and come the next day with another load and stay for the week and unpack. The girls were super excited when they saw the new house. It was fun to finally unpack some of the boxes that have been packed and stored for almost 2 years.
It is not a good idea for those with active imaginations to stay in a new house by yourself for the first time. Friday night finally came, and help to unpack the BIG trailer Saturday morning. It was amazing to have so much help from the new ward who we hadn't even met yet, and from family. The yard looks fabulous and the garage is stacked high with things to find a place for. It's going to be awesome!
Last night for Family night I gave the girl's salt shakers with flower seeds in them, and we planted flowers. It was so much fun to know that the flowers might actually grow!
The property has lilac bushes blooming and a few tulips around the front. It shares a private lane with one other house a football field away. We can't hear cars rumbling by. The neighbors in the circle that our lane is a part of appear to be really tight knit.
I keep seeing red breasted robins pecking at worms in the yard. Yesterday there were little yellow birds chasing and frolicking in the lilac bushes. There is a small pasture ready for an animal or two to graze in. Mara tells me everyday what kind of animals we should put in the pasture, as well as "when are we going to get my puppy/kitty?" that apparently must go with having a big yard. The yard has a fire pit as well that really ought to be broken in sometime soon by us.
We met Mark for lunch today at a little park on the Snake River. It was fun to picnic in the sun and see a few fish. Audri helped me throw an extra piece of Balogna to the fish, but they weren't interested. She put one piece in her mouth, then threw one to the fish. I have such fun girls.
Okay, so enough of my oozing, I surely have boxes to unpack.
We are eager to explore more of this little town, and the secrets the mountains around must contain. We are anxious also for visitors if you find yourself going this way. Thanks for your prayers and support. Thanks for your friendship.
6 comments:
This home fits you so well! I bet your mom wants to come up and give it a good gardening. I'm so excited your closer to home and Rob's parents live in Twin Falls so we drive past Burley at least once evry 2 yrs(pitifully sad how often we visit his parents)! I hope you're settling in nicely.
beautiful. lucky. I love it.
Stacy, this house seems so perfect for you and your family! I can't wait for you to get some of those fun animals for your pasture. The girls will have a blast there. Such a long-awaited answer to many, many prayers on your behalf. Love you!
Congratulations on your beautiful home! It sounds like the perfect place for your family. I love how positive you always are.
Yeah! Finally things are working out for you guys! Enjoy Burley!
Glad things are starting to work out. It looks wonderful! I am so happy for you. :)
Post a Comment