Tuesday, March 1, 2011

For the jar

We've been trying to potty train little Mara and in the effort, we promised to give her a quarter for every time she sat on the potty. We gave her a small jar, and the goal of going to the movie theater when she has enough. With $6.00 + movie tickets we figured it was fairly balanced goal. She did fairly well the first day and after a couple of tries she had a few coins clinking in her jar.
  So I asked her if she wanted another quarter for her jar. "Yes!" was her exuberant reply. "How do you get monies for your jar, Mara?" her answer was "I say PLEASSSSSEE!" in a very cheesy and convincing tone. 

 It totally cracked us up. I love being a mommy.

2 comments:

Kate the Plate said...

That's totally cute! The comments kids make are just priceless. Our friends 3 year old daughter was caught breaking an egg on the kitchen floor. When our friend questioned her daughter, she simply replied, "sorry mom, I was just looking for the chicken."

The Firths said...

My problem is that I still would give her the money, just for being goofy. I have the strength of wet tissue paper