Saturday, April 26, 2008

1 Month old

Mara has shown a lot more personality lately. She is so alert and happy most of the time. Mark continues to be soo good with her and we continue to learn and grow each day about this little girl's needs.
Mara loves to get her little tongue moving. She has several expressions I am sure she learned from Aunt Brady, even though they haven't met yet.

Who says little girls can't look great in blue? She loves to take baths and shower with mom or dad. Even the sound of the water really seems to sooth her. Getting her out of the water is the issue.
We had a date night wandering around a really decked out sporting goods store. (That's about as much excitement as we can handle, and as close to the "wilderness" as we can get in this huge city!) There were live fish in the river running through the store. It was pretty cool.
Mara is content to lay in her crib and stare down some of her stuffed friends. She already stared down the sheep.
"Thinking of a plan..."
"But how did it get up there?"
"Daddy lost. I'm still awake."

3 comments:

Kim C. said...

I can't believe it's been a month! Time goes so quickly. That store looked just like a Cabela's where you had your date. We've done that before too...we saw very little of the store as we were chasing Grace the whole time!

Kim C. said...

p.s. Mara looks adorable as always!

Brady F. said...

Of course she learned facial expressions from me...Just wait until I meet her so I can really teach her some good ones...he he he :oP