Friday, March 7, 2008

I dropped my book

I dropped my book by accident when the Doctor came into the exam room and it fell under the chair. When I left, I was so excited with all the Doctor had told me I forgot about the book until I got down the road a bit, so I turned around and went back for it. It seems like a silly little thing, until I got home and realized our house had been burglarized, and I could have walked in on the act had I not dropped my book. Who knows what could have happened?! It is so disheartening to be robbed. They are just things, and they can be replaced for the most part. Mark and I have tried to laugh it off, but every now and again the "ah shucks" feeling takes over. They took our laptop computer that has pictures on it that we may not have saved elsewhere. They took our digital camera we were counting on to capture all of baby's first moments to share with all of you. They stole my wedding ring that Mark took such care to carefully choose just for me. Other things as well, but mostly replaceable, in time. True, they are all just things. The thief did check many common hiding places, including under the beds and in the underwear drawers. They found nothing to take from ours. I know we were blessed to not have it be worse. There are many things they didn't find that would have been much more devastating to lose. God still loves us and is guiding our path. :)

So, the good news is that baby could most literally come any minute now. Minus the lack of a camera to call our own, we feel ready. The contractions have been coming for a week now, and Mark says he is feeling just fine, it hasn't affected him too much, bless his heart. My brother is even having a few sympathy contractions, isn't that nice? We can hardly wait to call and announce our good news! Watch for pictures and updates!

5 comments:

Bekah said...

Oh my gosh you guys, that's so sad! Stacy, I am grateful for the little things - in this case you dropping your book. I am excited for the new arrival

Anonymous said...

Stacy, I'm so sorry. I'm so excited for you two to have this baby I know it's what you've wanted for a long time! Let us know when it happens.
-Amanda (used to be Condie) Bjarnson

kim said...

I'm so sorry about your robbery. That is so frustrating. I get so attached to my stuff that I would probably be devastated!
I can't wait to get a call when the baby is here. I am putting my money on it being a Mara...we'll see!

Jimenez's Family said...

Dear Stacy & Mark:I am so sad, really, i hope you and Mark can replace the loss items. Congrats though i am so happy! I hope your baby is healthy and strong and i hope God blesses you and your Family.=D

Sincerely,
Yaric Jimenez,Fatima Encarnacion,
Richard Jr., Richard Jimenez, Placida Vazques.

The Burnah Clan said...

Wow, why do these things happen to the nicest people???
I'm eagerly awaiting your big news. And pics of the finished nursery.