Monday, March 31, 2008

Tiny Bubbles
















Once when I was in high school I saw a guy competing for the "Mr. [whatever] High" pageant title, tap dance to a song about tiny bubbles as bubbles floated down all around him. It was comical but I don't think he won the title. Now, it is the tiny bubbles that are keeping my beautiful Mara, and this new mommy awake at night. I just can't seem to get her bubbles out. Can you share any mommy secrets that I have picked up on yet?

5 comments:

Lisa said...

Over the shoulder never worked for us. We always sat them propped up on our lap leaning their tummy against our hand, and cupping their chin between our thumb and first finger. Then pat til she resembles her daddy. You've probably already tried that, but just in case...

Kim C. said...

We have the same boppy cover!
Anyway, Grace's ped. told me that mylicon was more for mom's feeling like something was working than having something really work on their gas and maybe that was true but I liked it with both my kids. It seemed to soothe them. I DO NOT recommend the Target brand though because the end of the dropper is really rough and kept scratching Lucas' mouth. Also, when burping, I would sometimes just lay them on their tummy on my knees with their head turned to the side and pat and rub their back until something came out. Good luck!

Miss Heather said...

Congrats on the birth of beautiful Mara. She's SOOOO adorable!

The Burnah Clan said...

:) Give it your best shot, and give it three months...this too shall pass...you are probably doing everything you can and a great job at everything you are doing. I don't know a more prepared mommy.

Anonymous said...

Megan liked to lay across my arm with her head at my elbow and my hand supporting her legs. Granny always massages their backs. Different things work for different kids. When you figure out what works for a kid, the kid changes. Love you! Lindy